Rancho-Starbuck is located in the unincorporated area of Whittier and its journey began in 1958. If It Is To Be, It Is Up To Me is our motto and, Developing Character, Passion and Academic Excellence for All Students is our mission. We are proud of our dedicated staff who go above and beyond for our students and we have a wonderful, caring school community. Great staff, great kids, great parents!
Rancho-Starbuck serves 775 7th and 8th grade students. We are proud to have been named a California Distinguished School, a National Forum School to Watch Model Middle School, California Gold Ribbon School, an Educational Results Partnership Honor Roll School and a Golden Bell Winner!
Rancho-Starbuck students are called to live by the REACH principles of responsibility, effort, attitude, character and honor. Students are rewarded through our REACH program and honored for their academic and citizenship achievements at REACH Assemblies each quarter.
Our plethora of programs are designed to meet the needs of all students. Some of our outstanding and award winning programs include:
- Flex - intervention during the school day
- REACH - academic and citizenship reward program
- REACH Circle - teacher/student mentoring program
- Power Start - before school tutoring
- Drumline - after school competitive team
- Visual and Performing Arts programs
- STEM courses including coding and audio engineering
- National Junior Honor Society
- After School Sports - 3 competitive seasons
- Honors Courses
- ASB - leadership class and campus leader opportunities
- Science Olympiad
- Junior Achievement
- Competitive Robotics Club
- Advanced Computer Science - AP test opportunity